For the Anzac crumble topping:
120g (¾ cups) wholemeal flour
110g (½ cup) coconut sugar (substitute for sweetener of choice)
45g (½ cup) rolled oats
40g Vanilla slim it women Bondi Protein powder
20g desiccated coconut
50g golden syrup
¾ tsp bicarb soda
For the stewed pears:
2 Packham pears, chopped into cubes
20g ginger, grated
50g coconut sugar
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
1 cinnamon quill
6 Granny Smith apples, coarsely chopped
- For the Anzac crumble topping. Preheat the oven to 180C. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, oats, protein powder and desiccated coconut and make a well in the centre.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup in a medium-sized saucepan. Add a tablespoon of cold water and stir to combine for 1-2 minutes. Add in the bicarb soda and mix for 1-2 minutes. Caution as the mixture will bubble up.
- Add the melted butter and syrup mixture to the dry ingredients and combine. Shape the mixture into a round disc large enough to cover your skillet. Place on a lined baking tray and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- For the stewed pears, combine the ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat with 2 tbsp of water and stir occasionally until pears are cooked through and tender.
- Spoon the mixture into the pie dish or skillet and cover with the Anzac crumble. Push the sides in and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with coconut ice cream.