3 large egg whites
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
60g plain flour
20g Bondi Protein vanilla powder
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C.
- Add the egg whites and vanilla extract to a medium bowl and use a whisk or hand mixer to beat until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Sift in the flour, protein sugar, and salt through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Using a spatula, gently incorporate into the batter adding 1 tablespoon of water at a time, until the batter is smooth and falls into ribbons.
- Place 1 tablespoon of batter onto a Silpat-lined baking sheet and spread into an 8cm circle.
- Repeat with another tablespoon of batter, making sure to only leave two circles on the Silpat.
Bake for 8 minutes, until the edges become golden brown.
- Working quickly, use a spatula to remove the cookies from the pan. Add a fortune in the middle, fold the cookies in half, then place the flat side on the lip of a cup, folding the edges down into a fortune cookie shape. Place the folded fortune cookies in a mini muffin tin until cooled to retain their shape.
- Repeat with remaining batter.