220g plain purpose flour
40g protein powder (use whatever flavour you need to)
70g coconut sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
180 ml oat milk, room temperature
120g coconut oil, melted
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup of oat clusters, leftover from Anzac pie topping
3 figs, quartered
3 tablespoons brown sugar
Juice of ½ a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or use a silicone muffin tray.
- In a mixing bowl mix the flour, protein powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the milk, butter, and eggs together until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and stir with a spatula until fully incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups and sprinkle with some oat clusters.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- In the meantime, place the figs in a pan on medium heat and caramelise with brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool completely. Top with caramelised figs.