275g plain flour
50g Bondi protein vanilla powder
3 tbsp coconut sugar (or any preferred sugars)
1 tsp instant yeast
½ tsp salt
2 tsp mixed spice (nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and allspice)
150ml oat milk
25g coconut oil, melted
For the crosses:
40g plain flour
20ml oat milk
2 tbsp hot water
1 pinch mixed spice
1 tsp coconut sugar (or any preferred sugars)
- Combine the flour, protein, yeast, salt and mixed spice in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg with the melted coconut oil and oat milk. Gradually add the egg mixture into the flour.
- Fold in the sultanas until it becomes a dough. Place the dough in a well-oiled bowl and leave to rest in a warm place for 1 hour until it has risen.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes and then cut into 6 equal balls.
- Place on a lined baking tray and leave to rise in a warm place for a further 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- To make the white crosses, mix the oat milk and remaining spelt flour together to form a dough. Roll the mixture into a log. Make up the sugared water and once the buns have risen for 20 minutes brush a little over the top of each and form the white crosses over the buns.
- Place the buns in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.