Makes 15 squares
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
¼ cup coconut oil
½ cup wholemeal spelt flour or flour of choice
2 scoops vanilla Bondi protein powder
1 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 ½ cups dark chocolate
1 cup cream
- 1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line a square baking dish with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric whisk, whip together eggs, vanilla and rice malt syrup for 10 minutes until light and creamy.
- While the whisk is running on a low setting, slowly add coconut oil and whip until fully incorporated.
- Add wholemeal spelt flour, protein powder, baking powder and gently fold through until combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Carefully drop raspberries into the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 30 minutes before lifting out of the baking dish.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 15 even squares. Prepare desiccated coconut on a plate and set aside.
- To make ganache: In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and ½ cup cream for 30 second bursts, mixing between each burst. Melt until mixture is completely smooth.
- Add remaining ½ cup cream and mix to combine.
- Using a butterknife, coat a square with ganache mixture, then using two forks, carefully roll and coat with coconut. Transfer to a plate. Repeat until all squares have been used.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes or until chocolate has set.