1 ¼ cups rolled oats
¼ cup chocolate protein powder
½ cup cacao powder
½ tsp sea salt
10 medjool dates, pitted
3 tbsp coconut milk
⅔ cup creamed coconut or coconut butter
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
Peanut butter cookies
- To make the base, add the oat flakes to your food processor and blitz to a fine crumb. Add in the cacao powder and salt and blend to combine.
- Add the dates and blend until combined.
- Lastly, add the coconut milk, one tablespoon at a time, alternating between each of them. Check the consistency of the dough, it should stick together between your fingers. You can use more or less coconut milk depending on how it comes together.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper and cut out cookie discs using a 2” cookie cutter.
- For the filling, place the creamed coconut into a heat resistant bowl and melt it over a pot of simmering water.
- Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Place the creamed coconut mixture between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll out to approximately half a centimetre in height. Transfer to the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- Use a 2” cookie cutter to cut out discs from the creamed coconut, and carefully sit them on top of half of the cookies.
- Sandwich the cookies by placing another cookie disc on top of the creamed coconut. Store the cookies in an airtight container in the fridge.