2 ripe bananas
75g almond meal
78g coconut sugar
1 teaspoon of baking soda
Pinch of salt
80g vanilla protein powder
240g Plain Greek yogurt
60g unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste
Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting (Optional)
3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in warm water for 20 minutes
2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place bananas in a mixing bowl and mash.
- Add all remaining banana bread ingredients to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Line a deep baking loaf tin with some baking paper and add in the batter. Bake for 40-45 mins or until a skewer comes out clean when tested.
- In the meantime, prepare the cashew cream cheese by soaking the cashews then draining and adding to a high speed blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until completely smooth, transfer to a bowl then set in the fridge to chill.
- When bread is done baking, remove from the oven and cool completely before frosting with the cream cheese and garnishing. Enjoy!!