2 ½ cups shredded carrots, about 3-4 large carrots
1 ½ cups raw walnuts
1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 scoops Bondi Protein vegan vanilla protein
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground nutmeg
Pinch of salt
For Cashew Cream Frosting:
1 cup raw cashews
¼ cup water
3 tbsp maple syrup (substitute for any raw sweetener of your choice)
1 tsp vanilla extract
juice of ½ lemon
pinch of salt
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
Extra walnuts for garnishing
- Line an 8×8 inch baking tray with baking paper letting the edges hang over the sides of the tray.
- Using a food processor using the grating attachment, shred the carrots. Place them in a large bowl and set aside. Clean out the food processor and switch to the blade attachment. Blend together the walnuts and dates into a uniform crumb, it should stick together when pressed between your fingers. Add in the carrots, coconut, protein powder, spices and salt and blend again, scraping down the sides as needed, until the carrots are fully incorporated.
- Press the cake into the prepared pan, smooth over the top, and place in the freezer while making the cream cheese frosting.]
- To make the cream cheese frosting, combine cashews, water, rice malt syrup, vanilla, salt, lemon juice and coconut oil in a high-speed blender. Blend until silky smooth. Pour onto the chilled base and smooth the top. Cover in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove the cake from the freezer. To release it from the pan, pull up the sides of the parchment paper. Top with walnuts. Let it thaw for 5 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- With a hot knife, cut the cake into 2x 2 inch pieces. Enjoy!!