225ml oat milk
1 tsp lemon juice
150 ml grapeseed oil (substitute for any neutral oil)
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
200g organic cane sugar
200g plain flour
30g Vanilla vegan protein powder
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
For the frosting:
120g vegan butter (softened)
50g vegan cream cheese
300g icing sugar (sifted)
Freeze-dried rose petals
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a standard muffin holder with 12 paper liners or spray with oil.
- In a large mixing bowl add the oat milk and lemon juice and let it set a few minutes to curdle/activate. Next, add in the oil and vanilla and beat to combine using a whisk or stand mixer. Add in the sugar and mix until dissolved.
- In another mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated. The mixture should be somewhere between thick and thin like a pancake batter consistency.
- Divide batter evenly among cupcake holders making sure not to overfill. Fill up to 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- In the meantime, prepare the frosting. Beat the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Then add in the sifted icing sugar and continue mixing until thick and creamy. Place the frosting into a piping bag and pipe over the cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate with some dried rose petals and freeze-dried raspberries.